Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Start HRT today...!

(6 Posts)
Draylon Thu 19-Jan-17 11:53:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PollyPerky Thu 19-Jan-17 13:22:38

I'd take the 'not with food' with a pinch of salt smile

I asked my consultant who did some research in it and he says it makes no difference either way. The reason for them saying on an empty stomach is that more is absorbed with food than without, so presumably it's to reduce possible side effects some women have.

I take mine at bedtime anyway (200mgs) because that dose can make you dizzy and slightly sedated. 100mgs is a lot less but you might find it helps you sleep taking it before bed.

Draylon Thu 19-Jan-17 20:32:22

Bluejeans66 Mon 30-Jan-17 22:05:25

Hi Draylon. I have just started the same prescription as you and have been searching the Internet tonight for some information. I too am hoping it will help with exactly the things you described but especially mood swings (at home) and concentration (at work). I'm only 3 patches in so week 2 but I have been suffering more intense and frequent hot sweats since and I wonder if this is just the initial impact of the change in hormones levels.

Draylon Mon 30-Jan-17 22:58:22

PollyPerky Tue 31-Jan-17 08:18:47

If you plan to test HRT compared with a healthier lifestyle, that presumably means you are going to stop the HRT?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: