Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Changing from HRT tablets to HRT patches

(3 Posts)
lesley1958 Tue 09-Dec-14 13:00:58

I have been taking Elleste Duet for 6 weeks and im feeling really so much better. However, today my GP changed the tablets to Evorel Conti patches which i change twice a week. Is anyone using Evorel conti patches and how are you finding them. Also do i have to finish the packet of Elleste before i start using the patches or can i start with them straight away. thanks for any replies

pinkfrocks Tue 09-Dec-14 16:43:22

Did your dr not explain what to do? some of them are hopeless....!

IMO you ought to finish the pack because they are designed to give you a bleed. If you do not have a bleed your uterine lining will not have been shed before you start the new HRT and as it's continuous you will be left with a thicker lining.

Finish the pack then read the leaflet in the new HRT which will tell you when to start- if not, then ask the dr, but my opinion is start it as soon as your bleed finishes.

I left a reply to your other post saying it's not correct that women post meno do not HAVE to take no-bleed HRT- some women find the daily progestogens in continuous therapy too much- they get depressed or other PMT symptoms, so prefer to have a cycle.

lesley1958 Tue 09-Dec-14 17:24:18

Thank you pinkfrocks for your reply, good advice !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now