Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

calling mums with older children, Ripon/Harrogate area

(6 Posts)
nelly59 Tue 01-Mar-05 10:11:01

Are there any mums with older children living in this area who may be working part-time like me and find it difficult to meet people because of lack of social opportunities! (ie going out!) Please post a message.

nelly59 Fri 04-Mar-05 20:19:54

obviously there is no one

cottonball Sat 05-Mar-05 15:23:24

heeeellooooo Nelly, someone here!!!! i do have an 11 yr old and a nearly 9 as well as a 14 month old. I find this site is very helpful regarding babies, but nobody seems to have older ones. I live in Wandswoth, miles away from you???? why do you find it so difficult going out? How old are your children?

azza Sat 05-Mar-05 15:31:57

hi nelly

i have two young children but we can still chat. i live in harrogate

nelly59 Sat 05-Mar-05 18:57:22

Hi Cottonball and Azza,

I don't have much time to socialize and find it difficult to meet with people who are interested in the same things as me. Plus when you have stopped going to toddler groups etc with young children it is more difficult, also lack of interesting activities in Ripon where I live. It's a pretty boring place, sorry to sound so negative but it's true. And if you didn't go to school here, even harder. Sorry if moaning but I feel like an outsider sometimes!!

nelly59 Sat 05-Mar-05 18:58:17

My children are 13 and 9, sorry I forgot to say that. Thanks for replying

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now