Talk

Advanced search

Eggs without carbs make me sick

(10 Posts)
BrassicaBabe Tue 26-Sep-17 10:10:00

Is it my imagination? I was reading the boot camp threads last night and I thought I'd give it a go. (I've done all the other diets 😄)

For breakfast I had a 2 egg scrambled egg with a knob of butter. 10 mins later I find myself retching nearly throwing up. This reminds me that it's happened a umber of times before when eating eggs without something else.

I love eggs; fried egg sandwiches, poached eggs on toast etc. But take out the carbs and I'm nearly bringing them back.

Am I alone in this? Could I be doing something wrong?

TIA

MagicFajita Tue 26-Sep-17 10:13:30

I'm the same. Scrambled eggs or an omelette without carbs make me feel very sick!

BrassicaBabe Tue 26-Sep-17 13:21:17

Well @MagicFajita Dr Google suggests we might have an egg intolerance. It can come on at any time. Wonder what LC brekkie to have now...

MagicFajita Tue 26-Sep-17 13:28:30

The word intolerance is used very freely these days isn't it?

How about bacon , mushrooms and some tomatoes?

TwoKidsAndCounting Tue 26-Sep-17 13:28:48

I have an egg allergy (only recently discovered) and always felt sick after eating them, they used to trigger the need for the toilet too. I've stopped eating them now (5 months) and don't miss them at all, please I got that allergy test!

Whinesalot Tue 26-Sep-17 13:31:40

I've never tried it but I wouldn't fancy it. Eggs on their own. Yuk.

Khamiak Sun 07-Jan-18 13:10:09

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MacaroonMama Sat 13-Jan-18 13:20:43

I get a yucky feeling if I eat them by themselves too, and def have no allergies or intolerances to them. I found if I served them on a home-made low-carb cracker, all was well! That honestly fixed it! I will find link to easy and tasty recipe, hang on...

MacaroonMama Sat 13-Jan-18 13:21:56

allsortsofpretty.com/grain-free-rosemary-parmesan-crackers/

MacaroonMama Sat 13-Jan-18 13:22:51

They are good for dipping into soup too, or spreading with cream cheese and ham, avocado etc. Worth a try!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now