Talk

Advanced search

If I was to go low carb for two weeks, would I keep the weight off?

(5 Posts)
TheRippedOutPage Fri 27-Jan-17 07:47:43

I've done it before and I know it works but my concerns are that I know I can't keep it up for longer than 2 weeks.

If I do it for two weeks and then go back to calorie counting will I keep the weight off that I lose?

BlueSofaPinkLamp Fri 27-Jan-17 13:45:55

If you have eaten less than approx 1900 calories a day then there is no reason that you shouldn't keep some of it off. You do lose a lot of water weight so some will go back on when you start to introduce carbs again.

BIWI Fri 27-Jan-17 22:39:38

It's carbohydrate that makes you gain weight. If, after two weeks, you go back to eating lots of carbs, then you'll put the weight back on.

Trixxy66 Sat 18-Feb-17 17:43:03

I did low carb couple of years ago and lost a lot of weight, then we has a family tragedy and slipped back to having catbs and my suger craving went crazy and I put on more weight than I started with. Depends how much you have to lose. I've just started low carb again.....trying not to slip back this time. Good luck and try and stick to it x

Rae82 Tue 21-Feb-17 11:41:17

As long as you don't go mental you should be fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now