Talk

Advanced search

Vegetarian Low Carb Blood Sugar Diet Meal Plan

(4 Posts)
SteamyMcDreamy Thu 07-Apr-16 16:57:24

I'm sorry if this has been done before. Does anyone have a meal plan for the low carb blood sugar diet for a vegetarian? I'm at a loss. I started the diet on Tuesday so only 3 days in.

If anyone has any quick meals I could have so I'm not tempted to raid the fridge I'd really appreciate it.

ExConstance Tue 12-Apr-16 10:15:02

I can share what I've been eating for the last 3 weeks on BSD, where I have lost 11lb so far.
Breakfast 200 calories - 2 egg omelette with tomatoes, two poached eggs with spinach, one poached egg with 1/2 sliced avocado, full fat yoghurt with blueberries and raspberries, porridge ( made with water) small maount of milk and blueberries.
Lunch: hummous, full fat cottage cheese or quorn slices or cocktail sausages and salad.
Dinner - tagine, curry, chilli made with quorn, stuffed peppers ( lentils and mozzarella) , mushroom stroganoff, stir fry, quorn steaks, sausages fillets etc. either plain grilled or with a cream sauce. I will try cauliflower rice soon, but for now I just eat mashed cauliflower or butter beans or have mushy peas on the side. I've been veggie for 15 years now and I've not found I have to change my evening meals much to fit in with this diet, just cut out the carbs and have a smaller portion with extra veg. Hope this helps, each week I think of a few new ideas.

SteamyMcDreamy Wed 13-Apr-16 23:48:57

ExConstance thank you that's great. I'll try some of your ideas.

DownUnderBound Wed 20-Apr-16 07:14:46

Hi! Also a veggie following this diet. Confused about butter? Can anyone recommend a butter that I can buy in tesco? Theres so many different types I worry I'm buying something unsuitable.

EX, nashed cauliflour sounds interesting, is it nice, or a bit of an aquired taste? I'm missing mash potatoes smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now