Advanced search

gettingmy own place with my lo

(3 Posts)
ashell Mon 26-Oct-09 13:31:09

I am desperate. I live with my parents and my 1 year old son and it's driving me round the bend. They are great in their own way and have supported me but I need my own space and my dad just drives me to distraction. How do I move out. I don't work have no savings and I am exhausted.

kcartyparty Mon 26-Oct-09 23:33:27

You need to contact your local council and ask to be placed on the housing list.

Not sure what area you are in, but some are quicker than others to get you and your DS housed

MaggieMonday Mon 02-Nov-09 16:39:37

No advice, but I live with my parents too so I just wanted to let you know you're not the only one. I am saving and saving and saving, and one day I will get my own place. That keeps me going.

How long have you been with your parents?

tbh though, my parents babysit for me and help with collecting and dropping off and so on. Also, luckily this house is big and we have enough space for all of us, and it works - ish although I do long to fix up my own place. It'd be lovely, but it'd be hard too.

I'm on the council housing list too, but I don't expect to be a priority. But I've been on it for 2 years now, so I suppose eventually, eventually I'll hear something positive back.

Make the most of it while you can. Use your parents to babysit. Get out some times. Save a little tiny bit of your lone parent allowance if you can.

Because you live with your M&D, could you work in the evenings/? your son would be at home asleep, so it wouldn't cost you childcare expenses?

I know it's hard, but it's a means to an end, and one that with a small child you can put to your advantage in some ways.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: