Talk

Advanced search

Raise A Glass To Celebrate My First Anniversary

(11 Posts)
TwoIfBySea Mon 21-Jul-08 22:46:48

For it is this date last year that ex-dh buggered off and left us and despite feeling low most of the time I am so glad he is gone, I am so glad I don't have to put up with him anymore.

The biter is that his bidey-in had their baby son a couple of weeks ago. So only a couple of months after walking out on us because being part of a family was too much pressure his port in the storm got up the duff.

I can only say I hope they both have the life they deserve. Well they've already had to move to a council flat after being evicted from their house (although I don't know if this is true as I haven't seen the place yet and dts won't be visiting there until I do and know it is his definite address) he quit his job to work cash in hand so he didn't have to pay the CSA. So she got herself a winner there. Good luck to her, she will need it.

Me and dts are bobbing along, coping with a capital C. We'll get through this with no help from him.

So raise a glass of whatever is your poison as one year has passed and I survived it. And if I can then anyone can, so take heart those who are just about to start on this life...it can be done.

Califrau Mon 21-Jul-08 22:50:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fawkeoff Tue 22-Jul-08 00:23:49

WELL FUCKING DONE!!!!!!

HumphreySmallPillow Tue 22-Jul-08 00:49:18

Well done, twoif.
Here's to you!
<<raises massive cocktail glass, complete with sparkler and umbrellas>>
smile

thornrose Tue 22-Jul-08 01:02:34

Cheers m'dear,I'm raising my wine glass to you, heres to bobbing along and coping with a capital C. Eventually you won't just be surviving and coping you'll be living and bloody enjoying, I'm testemant to that!

thornrose Tue 22-Jul-08 01:03:29

testament even blush

PurpleOne Tue 22-Jul-08 01:13:25

Twoif

Good on ya girl! grin

*raises bottle of cider and toasts us all

My ex has moved to a council flat, while me and dd's are still privately renting....
I escaped DV in 2002, bobbed along for a while, but never ever sank.

A year is paramount to your own strength.

Blessings, with a capital B x x

Debra1981 Tue 22-Jul-08 01:24:46

Well done!!!
My ex did the 'cash-in-hand to avoid CSA' while I was with him cos he had dds from previous, just never told me the reason he got himself sacked til after I left. Incapacity Benefit pah! I think they're in for some trouble with these reforms lol! Be very proud of you and your los and know that your future shines so much brighter now!! x

prettyfly1 Tue 22-Jul-08 14:17:52

just started down this road so well done to ya!!!

NotDoingTheHousework Tue 22-Jul-08 14:28:24

Message withdrawn

TwoIfBySea Wed 23-Jul-08 22:34:53

Thank you all and prettyfly1 - everyone will tell you that you will get through this and sometimes you will wonder but they are right, it can be done.

NotDoingTheHousework, where do I get me one of those dps? grin Can I order one? I am happy with it just being we three but, you know.

Strangely since that poor baby of ex-dh's was born his phonecalls to me have been full of animosity as though I have done something wrong - I shall take note of how many times I have to remind him that his life is not important to me, my dts are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now