Advanced search


(4 Posts)
Lolly68 Thu 30-Aug-07 11:23:15

.... I out this under money matters topic but think it should go here. Can someone help please?

DP and I are splitting up. I am buying a flat for me and DD to live in as the house we shared was his house and his mortgage so obviously I have to leave.

We are trying to come to some agreement with regard to how much per month he has to give me for DD but if he refuses how do I calculate what i will get. He is self-employed and I have a copy of his accounts but how do they work it out. Is it is his net profit or gross profit they work it out from. Also he has lots of "entertainment expenses" in his account surely they will take all that into consideration.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Lolly68 Thu 30-Aug-07 14:33:19


almostmidnight Thu 30-Aug-07 16:32:39

You can go on to the CSA website and they have a calculator thing on there. I think you are only entitled to about 20% of his net wage though. It doesn't come to much really when you think how much money he gets to keep himself and you are the one bringing up the children. Should be 50% if you ask me until they are out of education. He can give you more but if you claim benefits like housing benefit they would give you less, you can't win either way unless husband willing to give you some cash in hand.

CarGirl Thu 30-Aug-07 16:34:58

They deduct expenses that Inland Revenue accept as allowable expenses IYSWIM

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: