Talk

Advanced search

hard to be alone with 3 kids

(16 Posts)
chikenmother Sun 15-Jul-07 22:32:35

Hi everyone! I recently found mumsnet and became absolutly enthousiastic about it. Finding so many mums talking about those little things of our daily lives only we can understand just brings my life a great confort.

I have 3 kids and do not live in the UK. I understand most of you are english and what really touches me is seeing that you all live and feel the same way I do...

I´ve been alone for 6 years now and do not intend to re-marry or have another relationship because of the very difficult things i`ve been through. My kids are my life and I work very hard to support us and educate them the best I can.

Is there anyone like me around?

BBBBasilisk Sun 15-Jul-07 22:34:32

Not the same siutation as you but htere are plenty who are and plenty who will understand.

Nice to meet you - see you around.

onlyjoking9329 Sun 15-Jul-07 22:35:57

Hi welcome to mumsnet, we have spoken before!
i too have three children but i am not a single parent thou with DHs ill health i do all of the parenting at the moment.

AugustusRookWhooosh Sun 15-Jul-07 22:36:00

A singel parent of one is hard enough-let alone three.Ages admittedly change things but welcome-you will get some great advice/sanity checks here!

PastMyBedtime Sun 15-Jul-07 22:50:34

Hi!

Got two, also live abroad and ex- about to go back to the UK. MN helps me keep sane. Usually lurk, change my name often - ex knows I'm on here.

Don't imagine I'll be dating for some time, the very idea is weird. As for kids, they are the best thing in life, even after a bad night.

Night.

chikenmother Sun 15-Jul-07 22:55:59

Hi onlyjoking, we spoke yesterday! Just arrived and already finding known people... Augustus, things change but don´t necessarily become easier from what I´ve been seing till now...Sometimes I fell really depressed

AugustusRookWhooosh Sun 15-Jul-07 23:06:03

I'm not surprised! Any age and combination brings it's difficulties-how old are they?

Nightynight Sun 15-Jul-07 23:27:42

hi
I have 4 children and am also a lone parent. we live in Germany at the moment.
We also had a bad time, and I am very wrapped up with the children now.
Looking forward to talking to you!

chikenmother Sun 15-Jul-07 23:27:56

12, 14 and 17, 2 boys and 1 girl (the oldest).

CarGirl Sun 15-Jul-07 23:28:47

NightyNight does that mean they are all home again really hope so

Nightynight Sun 15-Jul-07 23:37:38

THEY ARE ALL HOME!!!

I was on here to search for my old thread to add a post.
Picked them up on Saturday, after he left them in filthy, ragged clothes at the police station. Ex h is seriously disturbed, but so violent that it is hard to know what to do to help him.
(sorry for hijack btw!)

CarGirl Sun 15-Jul-07 23:39:14

am so so so so so so so so so so so pleased for you all, hopefully they won't be keen to see him for a while

<<apologies for hijack>>

chikenmother Sun 15-Jul-07 23:41:41

What´s the matter with your ex-h nightynight? police station?? violent? has he any mental disorder or so? How old are your kids?

Nightynight Sun 15-Jul-07 23:43:49

when we got home, ds1 jumped out of the car and kissed the pavement in front of our house 3 or 4 times! this weekend was chaos, I will email you later. night for now.

Nightynight Sun 15-Jul-07 23:45:18

I think he has a mental disorder, chikenmo, but dont really know a lot about it. Children are quite young, 10 and under.

chikenmother Sun 15-Jul-07 23:57:32

Mine are teen-agers, broke my nerves...nigt then, talk to you later.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: