Advanced search

How do I prove the ex is fiddling his books??

(7 Posts)
NinjaMommy Wed 30-Sep-15 08:03:29

He gives me a crummy £20 a week for our son! Says he only earns enough to legally have to give me £18.59, so he's rounded up! Cheers, bud!
He's self employed, is working every day(weekends aswel sometimes), had a side business of tarting up old furniture and selling that on, has 3D teles, PS4 etc etc. he is not skint!!
So, clearly, he isn't declaring everything he earns... How do I prove it? I'm sick of this bastard taking the piss and my DP having to pay for everything(which he doesn't mind btw)
Oh, I haven't used the csa because I hear they're a bit rubbish...

OP’s posts: |
TripTrapTripTrapOverTheBridge Wed 07-Oct-15 21:42:36

No idea tbh. My ex is most definitely fiddling the books, I have a feeling he's routing his money through his brother. They own a garage (ex also works as and when elsewhere just for fun), an established garage that has been going for over 10 years. Can afford to spend over a grand on a 3 night break, be out all the time, constantly buying new crap for him and his girlfriend, few hundred on a bike, two weddings to pay for (one the actual wedding in registry office in jeans and t-shirt and going their separate ways after, the second one -the huge one for display purposes only so they can have it in a non registered venue confused ), run two cars, pay £750 a month rent (gf posts everything on a forum we both use) YET...

Yet, according to the CMS and IR he earns 1p a yearhmm

TripTrapTripTrapOverTheBridge Wed 07-Oct-15 21:43:53

Should add I raised it with CMS and they said they can't do anything unless I provide them with proof of his actual income

Pocketrocket31 Sat 24-Oct-15 01:11:01

My ex does that too. They're twats. I got nothing for 3 years & now 65 pm. Csa basically told me to suck it up

Flowerpower41 Sun 25-Oct-15 06:32:40

The CMS must be utter rubbish then if they have not looked into these anomalies. It seems to me that the CMS is largely in favour of the absent parent and not the parent who has custody in these cases.

learnsomethingnew Sun 25-Oct-15 08:58:33

Report him to the tax office. It won't get you anymore money but they should audit him. Its just a thought I don't have any other advice really

MeredithShepherd Sun 25-Oct-15 21:56:27

Following. My ex hasn't paid a penny towards 20m old DS. The cms say he doesn't earn anything. I know damn well that he does I just can't bloody prove it!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in