Talk

Advanced search

First weekend without DC - what did you do?

(5 Posts)
america Fri 21-Feb-14 20:04:04

We split up a couple of years ago, divorced officially last autumn. Now, for the first time DC are spending the weekend with their dad. For the very first time ever. I am pretty tired and have recently moved to a new city so don't know anyone. Still, I cannot stay indoors for the weekend without feeling miserable and missing them. What should I do? I haven't had a weekend for myself for years!

Minime85 Fri 21-Feb-14 20:56:41

enjoy a lie in, read a book, decorate, drink some wine, go see some friends for coffee. hope you are ok thanks

theeverydaydancer Fri 21-Feb-14 21:09:47

You mentioned that you have recently moved to a new city and don't really know anyone - do you have any local Meetup groups (www.meetup.com) that you could join (my area has ones for cinema, drinks, eating out - all sorts). They are a really good way to meet new people.

america Sat 22-Feb-14 17:38:18

Thank you so much both. Would you believe that I found a meetup group doing a great 4-hour hike today Dancer? I really enjoyed it and will definitively go again. Now at home but feeling both tired and happy smile

Minime85 Sat 22-Feb-14 21:23:01

I'm glad you got out and enjoyed it. I'm going to take a look at that suggestion dancer about meet up.com and see if I can be brave enough to go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now