Advanced search


(1 Post)
JadeSherwood Wed 17-Jan-18 18:20:29

Hi all,
Need some advice as I'm very stuck, I am a single mother of 1 girl whos 2 & has cerebral palsy. I sharing a bedroom with my daughter at my mothers. I've been the council to see if they can help me find my own house/flat and applied for the homechoice. ive been told that i don't fit under any criteria so they cant help me, ive been looking for somewhere private rented but it seems no landlord accepts housing benefit anymore. i am unable to work as my daughter requires my full time care. I have been given a housing officer but trying to get hold of him is like trying to get blood from a stone.

Has anyone else been through the same or something similar that can give me some advice and tips on what to do?

Thank-you xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »