Talk

Advanced search

coventry in 2015

(5 Posts)
iowa Thu 17-Sep-15 23:18:46

Apologies, there are a lot of similar posts but pls bear with me! We're moving to Coventry for my Husbands new job at the University. We have 2 kids to get into Reception and year 3. Reading previous recommendations the South seems like the place to go for...Earlsdon etc. But, previous threads seem to be a number of years old and places can change can quickly! Are there any recommendations for other zones? We're after a big garden in a broad community with a local high street. Any thoughts? I've been to Coventry once for a total of 45 mins in the rain! I liked it but it's all still a tad stressful! Thanks

KatieNora Tue 22-Sep-15 10:48:56

Earlsdon meets a lot of your criteria, has a lovely high street and a nice community feel and good schools, but you'd struggle to find a house with a good sized garden in Earlsdon.

die4urkidz Mon 28-Sep-15 19:17:27

come to my house- youl all fit- no rent required

CoventryCatTheFirst Mon 05-Dec-16 00:10:53

Only problem with Earlsdon is big gardens can be hard to find and often narrow if they are long. A lot of houses are a bit small. The north end of earlsdon tends to have some grand houses. Depend on what you see as a big garden. Also parking can be a issue. But depending on budget there should be something that ticks the boxes. It is a very trendy area hence the prices. Have you thought about styvechale, cheylesmore or Coundon? Are catchment areas an issue?

GrrrMachine Mon 05-Dec-16 15:21:44

Tile Hill has a mix of housing stock and decent links to the city centre as well as being close to the shops and University. PM me if you want more details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now