Talk

Advanced search

New in Zurich

(11 Posts)
LuisSuarezTeeth Mon 03-Apr-17 18:47:54

Hi there, finally made the move to CH after years of planning!

Wondered if anyone would like to pass on words of wisdom or just have a natter? I'm in 8800 Thalwil smile

LuisSuarezTeeth Sat 08-Apr-17 20:32:13

Bump

Chickenkatsu Sat 08-Apr-17 20:36:00

I used to live in Zug for about 4 years, we moved back to London because we were starting to hate it.

Chickenkatsu Sat 08-Apr-17 20:46:18

Sorry, that didn't sound very positive, I hope you have a great time.

LuisSuarezTeeth Tue 11-Apr-17 17:01:52

Thanks anyway Chicken x

Honeyandfizz Tue 11-Apr-17 17:14:59

No wisdom but my dbil and dsil live in Zurich, have been there for two years now. We visited them last summer and loved it, spent hours around the lake at various Badi. It's a very expensive place though isn't it? We also visited Flumsberg and the dc loved it, I believe dbil goes skiing a lot there over winter. Niece and nephew are both at the international school there and I know dsil has made a lot of friends through that. How are you finding it?

Chickenkatsu Thu 13-Apr-17 20:47:14

One interesting thing about Switzerland is that children walk to school on their own at a much younger age than the UK, I believe around 4 or 5.

jelliedeel Thu 13-Apr-17 22:45:22

I was in Thalwil on Sunday. I made the mistake of going to Park Im Gruene with 2 very bored DC....the weather was great though.
How long have you been in Switzerland?

LuisSuarezTeeth Mon 17-Apr-17 14:56:33

Hi Jellied I've been here on and off for about 2 years, but have now moved permanently about 2 weeks ago.

Haven't been to that park I don't think.

I'm loving it so far and have already found some work. Where do you live Jellied?

seefeld Wed 26-Apr-17 06:58:25

I'm in Zurich and mostly very happy here, what would you like to know? Do you have kids?

Greaterthanthesumoftheparts Wed 26-Apr-17 07:02:45

I've lived in and around Zürich for 10 years and I love it. We're looking at buying a property in adliswil at the moment so will be just up the road. Things to do on the side of the lake include the wildness park at Sihlwald, alpamare waterpark at pfäffikon, long walks on the Uetliberg, swimming in the lake, there is a cave system too something grotte... And the Lindt chocolate factory! :-) there are also some lovely places to eat along the lake, try fischers fritz at the camp site in Zurich, really lovely on a summers day or walk down to Rapperswil, we went for lunch outside on Sunday, was beautiful eating people watching and looking out over the lake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now