Talk

Advanced search

German dictionary on iPhone

(7 Posts)
wickedfairy Wed 27-Jul-16 14:21:19

Hello, can anyone recommend a good German dictionary / translate tool that doesn't require the Internet please, that I can have on my iPhone?

Slowly learning German and going there on holiday soon. I would like to be able to look words up but won't have the Internet on my phone when abroad. I usually use google translate, but that needs Internet!

Thanks in advance!

Schwabischeweihnachtskanne Wed 27-Jul-16 14:34:15

I use www.dict.cc/ on the internet and there is a dicc.cc ap to use offline - no idea about iphones (Android) but there is probably an iphone version.

hangingoutthewashing Wed 27-Jul-16 19:04:33

Try duolingo it's a language app DP & I both have it ( him iPhone and I'm iPad ) and do a little every day , it's surprising how much you gradually take in

wickedfairy Wed 27-Jul-16 22:23:45

I have duolingo thanks, but am sure you need Internet connection to use it!

I want to be able to look up words without an Internet connection when I'm abroad. Thanks though, and you're right - it is good!

Will check out the other suggestion, thanks!

wickedfairy Wed 27-Jul-16 22:31:10

Danke Schwabe...

Downloaded the app and it looks like it works! Many thanks for the recommendation! smile

specialsubject Sat 30-Jul-16 10:25:34

Er....a pocket dictionary ? No internet or i phone needed, battery never goes flat...

mumhum Sat 30-Jul-16 17:49:10

Linguee.de allows you to doenload for use offline

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now