Advanced search

Paying into Social Security System when working in the EU

(3 Posts)
concertplayer Sat 04-Jun-16 13:51:09

DH worked in France for a year and in Germany for 2 years.
Can he get his contributions back or will he get a pension from them
when he retires?
Sorry complicated

IceMaiden73 Sat 04-Jun-16 16:40:06

Well you only need x amount of years to qualify for a state pension - I think it is 33

He can get a statement from DWP to show how many qualifying years he has

amyboo Sat 04-Jun-16 18:59:13

It depends on the country... Sometimes such short periods aren't taken into account. There's some more information on the Your Europe website, and if that doesn't answer tour questions, you can either find the contact person for the UK or send your query to Your Europe's legal advisors.

Your Europe info on pensions:

To submit a query:

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now