Advanced search

Work in Aus (Adelaide) for unqualified spouse

(4 Posts)
PhoebeMcPeePee Wed 28-May-14 23:28:53

We're doing our research for a move to Australia next year. Dh's job is on the SOL with a good number of vacancies, we should qualify for a 189 visa & have narrowed our search down to Adelaide but really struggling to find out what, if any, employment an unqualified spouse will be allowed to undertake? And if I can legally get work, what options might there be for a SAHM looking to fill school days & boost the coffers grin

Our house is being valued next week - just hoping it's gone up in value as much as we think or we won't be going anywhere as sale profit is funding this move!

chloeb2002 Thu 29-May-14 03:01:31

You can work anywhere .. Any job.. If you choose to work in schools it health you need to have Tb clearance (chest X-ray). All residency perm or temp allow spouse to work and kids to study.

PhoebeMcPeePee Thu 29-May-14 19:30:38

Thank you I assumed as much but couldn't see to find a definitive answer anywhere. Whether I can get a pt job is of course a whole other issue grin

chloeb2002 Thu 29-May-14 23:31:45

There is work out there.. Like anything it's a foot in the door. Not much is family/ school time friendly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now