Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

no refund

(9 Posts)
toast55 Thu 13-Aug-09 09:58:00

I bought some wallpaper about 2 months ago. It didnt turn up and I couldnt get hold of the company! Reported it to paypal who have decided in my favour but as the company has no money in its paypal account cannot refund me. I have since spoken to the company one man band who has told me about 4 times he will send the money by paypal. The web site is still up and running and he appears open for business. What can I do now to get my money about £200.

stroppyknickers Thu 13-Aug-09 10:04:52

look it up on companies house (if its a company not a sole trader) and use the small claims system. If it's a small trader you can sue him (using Mr X t/a Web Walls or whatever). Send a recorded letter first. He may just set up again as something else tho. Plus a CCJ doesn't guarantee payment altho it will affect his/the compnay's credit rating.

toast55 Thu 13-Aug-09 10:08:19

Thanks I will try that.

toast55 Thu 13-Aug-09 10:15:28

There is no listing at companies house. Can he trade without this.

toast55 Thu 13-Aug-09 10:55:31

bump

Sparks Thu 13-Aug-09 11:45:10

Yes he can trade without having a registered company. As stroppy says, this is referred to as a 'sole trader'. Do you have his postal address?

More info about using the small claims system here.

UndertheBoredwalk Thu 13-Aug-09 16:43:16

Paypal not refunding doesn't sound right at all. I was in dispute with a buyer a while ago and despite my paypal being empty paypal did refund them and just sent my paypal into negative balance.
Will see if I can find anything on the paypal site.

UndertheBoredwalk Thu 13-Aug-09 16:46:27

Oh sorry realised my mistake, refunding despite balance only applies if you buy on ebay, I presume you didn't in this case.

toast55 Fri 14-Aug-09 07:09:15

No It was straight from the shop website. I spoke to the guy yesterday and he is sending me a cheque but im not holding my breath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now