Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Moving outside of UK with kids

(3 Posts)
Itsmiracle Thu 16-Feb-17 10:45:28


My partner and I are in the process of separation. We have two kids. I have two questions, please.

1.The father of kids is a European national and I am a UK citizen. Would I be able to take kids with me, if I move to another European country for work ?

2.I would appreciate, if could recommend a good family mediator, please.

Thank you.

prh47bridge Thu 16-Feb-17 12:04:19

Whether you can take the children with you to another European country depends on whether the father has parental responsibility. If he has PR you will need his consent before taking them out of the country. If he refuses to consent you will have to apply to the courts for a Specific Issue Order allowing you to move.

If he does not have PR you are free to move to another country unless he gets a court order stopping you from doing so.

babybarrister Fri 17-Feb-17 09:32:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: