Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Contact enforcement

(4 Posts)
handywoman203 Sun 07-Dec-14 11:46:48

My sons dad has a contact order to take DC to US for xmas - the order specifies the US. He just told me he has brought tickets to go to Europe and I don't want them to go. He's refusing to change them
Can I apply for a enforcement order?

Mumblechum1 Sun 07-Dec-14 13:03:03

There are 2 problems:

1. It is extremely late in the day to get a court hearing before Xmas

2. The point of the contact is for your child to spend time with his dad. You would have to have a very compelling reason to persuade a judge that it particularly matters where that contact takes place as it's already established that it will be abroad.

What is your reason for objecting?

handywoman203 Sun 07-Dec-14 13:15:37

because he previously tried to abduct him in 2010...

Mumblechum1 Sun 07-Dec-14 13:45:59

Have you asked him why he's changed plans? How old is your son? Does his father have links to a non Hague convention country (esp Middle East)?

If the latter is relevant I suggest that you make an appointment to see a solicitor as there are options open to you if there is a serious risk of abduction

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now