Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Is it only a solicitor who can verify who i am and where i live?

(6 Posts)
hifi Tue 18-Mar-14 15:27:17

I need a letter confirming who I am and where I live. Photo ID and a bill with my name on it. Can another professional do this?

realitygone Tue 18-Mar-14 16:09:35

Your dr can

hifi Tue 18-Mar-14 16:11:28

ok,thanks smile

divegirl77 Wed 19-Mar-14 08:10:52

Please DON'T go and see your doctor. This is a waste of an NHS appointment at a time that GPs surgeries are already stretched. This is not what your GP or the NHS was intended for.

realitygone Wed 19-Mar-14 12:30:22

Actually dive if the op rings the dr surgery and explains what she needs they arrange something without an appointment

It is done where I am.

divegirl77 Thu 20-Mar-14 04:59:41

"Reality" Thank you for the nice condescending reply.

The GP surgery MAY agree to arrange something for you, they may not, and not infrequently they decline as they have too many other requests on their time and there are only so many hours in a day.

Large numbers of people don't bother phoning but just book an appointment and present non NHS/medical forms and expect them completing there and then for no cost also wasting an NHS appointment.

How do know - I'm a GP!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: