Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Owned flat in managed building - buildings insurance problem

(6 Posts)
lilolilmanchester Thu 13-Feb-14 11:32:11

Posting on behalf of a friend who isn't on Mumsnet, not sure if posting in right place but not sure where else to post.

Long saga, will keep it brief. Friend has a leak in her bathroom, been going on for months. Buildings insurance is through managing agent, not her own. Insurer has engaged plumber who continues not to be able to find the source of the leak, which is intermittent. Friend has taken photos of the damp and even videos of the leak showing where leak is coming from but plumber saying he can't find source. Loss adjuster doesn't know what to suggest. Managing agent not being helpful. Distressing situation - any thoughts as to where she goes from here?

lilolilmanchester Thu 13-Feb-14 20:17:31


unadulterateddad Thu 13-Feb-14 22:20:25

get the loss adjuster to organise a thermal survey - should identify where the leak is coming from.

lilolilmanchester Fri 14-Feb-14 08:27:59

Is that the same as infra-red? Friend has been asking for that for months

lilolilmanchester Fri 14-Feb-14 13:29:52

Unadulterated Dad, do you think she can insist on thermal survey? She has asked about this but getting brush off.

lilolilmanchester Sun 16-Feb-14 10:49:40


Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: