Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Xp moved himself back in.....advice please!

(6 Posts)
mammadiggingdeep Tue 17-Sep-13 21:34:35

I have a thread in relationships under the same title....not sure how to link on my phone.

Basically, my xp moved out nearly 7 months ago. He cheated after quite abusive behaviour and enough was enough, I asked him to go. He went.

We jointly own out house. I stayed in it, with our 2 young dd. have been paying half mortgage each.

We have lots of renovating of house to do still. I have offered to buy him out, he's refused. Anyway, of Sunday he moved himself back in. No conversation, just waltzed in. He has been here occasionally to continue decorating but we are separated and had agreed to live separately. He says he wants to be here for kids.

Where do I stand??? Do I need to apply for an occupation order? How long does a forced sale take? Can I force him to sell to me?


mammadiggingdeep Tue 17-Sep-13 21:49:22

Not sure if I'm clear about what I'm asking.....I don't want him here. I find it very stressful and ultimately confusing for dd's.
can I legally get him removed?

ivykaty44 Tue 17-Sep-13 21:52:29

I have no idea if legally you can get him removed. You mention his abusive behaviour before he moved out - is he being abusive now, as if he is then I would certainly ask for help from the police and a solicitor .

Hopefully someone legal can tell you here or get advise from your solicitor.

mammadiggingdeep Tue 17-Sep-13 22:05:18

Well, he's being a twat..... Ignored me when I asked him why he was back then hot verbal when I got his brother round to tell him to get out. That was last night. Tonight he's ignored me and I've ignored him. I doubt he'll get nasty unless I engage with him.

mammadiggingdeep Thu 19-Sep-13 12:36:28


babybarrister Thu 19-Sep-13 13:08:05

I assume you are not married so you will need to make an application under schedule 1 of the children act and trusts of land act to sort everything out. Go a d get some proper advice from a family lawyer experienced in cohabitation claims. He may be a twat for moving back in but unless he was violent you cannot get him out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now