Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Question on divorce finances

(2 Posts)
duffybeatmetoit Sun 28-Apr-13 09:13:27

Just starting to divorce H. He is happy for me to initiate proceedings and we have agreed the contact arrangements for dd. He is also happy not to make any financial claim on me (all the assets are in my name and he owes me a sizeable amount of money that I am unlikely to ever see). He is paying CM.

My question is in order to get the decree absolute will we have to produce all the financial disclosure forms and paperwork to show that we have agreed this?

mumblechum1 Sun 28-Apr-13 11:50:42

No, you can just apply for Decree Nisi, but the danger is that if you don't have a consent order which formalises the arrangement, it could come back to bite you in the future.

I would certainly advise that you see a solicitor to do the consent order for you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: