Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Are there any lovely solicitors on here, who are in the know on family law please

(27 Posts)
McPheelingTheSpring Fri 26-Apr-13 22:34:25

I'd be ever so grateful smile

And if you are reading this, darling ex, up yours grin

BlackeyedSusan Fri 26-Apr-13 22:54:36

flicks v's at ex. grin

oops sorry could not resist.

McPheelingTheSpring Fri 26-Apr-13 22:59:12

Be my guest


NumTumDeDum Fri 26-Apr-13 23:08:11

I'm out of date, but there are a few knocking about who are currently practising. What would you like help with?

McPheelingTheSpring Fri 26-Apr-13 23:09:53

May I PM you?

NumTumDeDum Fri 26-Apr-13 23:16:02

Feel free grin

BlackeyedSusan Sat 27-Apr-13 22:53:34

puts fingers to nose and blows raspberry...

hope numtum can help.

MOSagain Sun 28-Apr-13 16:01:28

There are quite a few family lawyers on here. Some are lovely, some are possibly not. The lovely ones include babybarrister, mumblechum, and the charming*collaborate*. There are several others that are very knowledgeable in the area of family law but I'm not sure if they are qualified AND lovely, STIDW and prhbridge.

If you give a clue to what your query/problem is, then you will probably get helpful answers.

If you are worried about your ex reading, then name change and change details (ie ages/number of kids etc)

babybarrister Sun 28-Apr-13 22:07:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MOSagain Mon 29-Apr-13 11:05:59

oh indeed, that goes without saying. Thats why I used the term lawyer, it covers all of us <except those that qualified at the Jeremy Kyle school of Law>

mumblechum1 Mon 29-Apr-13 14:29:49

grin at MOS I think we all know who you're referring to!

So OP what's up?

MOSagain Mon 29-Apr-13 15:32:23

oh really? wink

essexlady Wed 01-May-13 19:51:05

Help! Ex has made an application under the Childrens Act and will be using a barrister in court. I'll be fodder! Can any one recomend a barrister in the Southend area who specializes in family stuff? Thanks in advance for any help x

babybarrister Wed 01-May-13 20:44:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

essexlady Wed 01-May-13 21:17:19

Yes. Trouble is finding a family law specialist who comes recomended in my area (Southend on Sea). But thanx for your thought.

babybarrister Wed 01-May-13 21:19:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

essexlady Wed 01-May-13 21:21:57

I was told they would charge for their traveling time :-( which would be very expensive.

Fuckwittery Wed 01-May-13 21:27:32

essexlady, contact East Anglian Chambers
I can recommend Cherie Parnell, not sure if she covers Southend but just had a look at her profile and she does direct access.

I am a family lawyer and like to consider myself lovely. I am a serial namechanger though.

essexlady Wed 01-May-13 21:34:07

Thanks v much. I have a few months to get it sorted, but the word "barrister" was making me panic. Thank you again x

kittycat68 Thu 02-May-13 10:14:56

personal recommendation is Ashley Thain. ive used her in complex family matter twice and she is very very good!

essexlady Thu 02-May-13 10:41:55

Thankx kitty cat, will look into her too x

babybarrister Thu 02-May-13 12:17:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

essexlady Thu 02-May-13 15:44:44

Yes, having to pay myself :-( Would she be much more than Cherie? In fact I don't really know how much one costs at all!

essexlady Thu 02-May-13 18:05:03

Ah well, that sorts that one out. Ashley Thain does not do Direct Access work anyway.

Fuckwittery Thu 02-May-13 18:41:07

how long is the hearing for Essexlady? If its a first hearing you are probably looking at about 500 - 750 plus VAT depending on how long you are at court

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: