Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Can you get legal aid in the name of your child for a Judicial Review?

(9 Posts)
StarChartEsq Sun 19-Jun-11 19:59:35

That's my question really.

As well as whether there are any charities knowledgable about this that might be able to give me some preliminary advice as to whether we have a case.

Many thanks.

StarChartEsq Sun 19-Jun-11 20:14:26

bump?

Collaborate Sun 19-Jun-11 20:32:42

All depends on what the case is about.

Bumping after 15 mins???????

StarChartEsq Sun 19-Jun-11 20:37:36

Bumping after fallen off active convos.

It's about the LA not quantifying and specifying provision in a statement of SEN.

prh47bridge Sun 19-Jun-11 21:08:22

Have you appealed to SENDIST? That is likely to be quicker than a judicial review. It is also free, so you won't have any fees to pay and if you fail you won't be asked to pay the LA's costs. Whilst in theory SENDIST cannot enforce its decisions it is almost unheard of for an LA to ignore a ruling by SENDIST.

StarChartEsq Sun 19-Jun-11 21:21:36

Yes, thank you prh. My ds is under 5 so has a review every 6 months. We appealed to SENDIST last time for not specifying and quantifying and the LA were made to. 6 months later, there was a review and the ammended statement they removed all the specifying and quantifying.

They are forcing us to go to tribunal every single time for something that they should be doing in law. This saves them 6 months of money whilst we have to wait for a tribunal hearing date, and fails my ds, not to mention my stress levels.

I wondered if there was a way to stop it for good.

xiaojwww Mon 20-Jun-11 02:47:23

Message deleted

StarChartEsq Mon 20-Jun-11 10:53:21

bump?

StarChartEsq Mon 20-Jun-11 14:20:09

bumpety?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now