Talk

Advanced search

Cars for three children

(10 Posts)
MrsHarveySpecterV Tue 05-Dec-17 14:29:50

Hi I am expecting baby number 3, when our baby is born our other children will be aged 3 and a half and 20 months. I'm not keen to get a 7 seater car because I've read that a lot of them aren't suitable for children's car seats other than in the middle row which wouldn't really give us any more options than we have now. We currently have a Mercedes C200 which my husband would like to keep but just exchange for an estate version so we have a bigger boot. So my questions are if anyone has a the same car as us and three children of similar ages which car seats do you use? Or what cars do other people with three children of similar ages have that fits them all comfortably plus two adult passengers? TIA

Shen0102 Tue 05-Dec-17 18:39:53

Citroen C4 Picasso has 3middle flexible seats that fits 3 child seats and all the 3 seats have Isofix. This model has 5 seats and the C4 grand Picasso is the model with 7 seats.

Also try Toyota verso it's a 7 seater but it's rather small and looks nicer compared to other family cars. It's almost same size as the 5 seater c4 Picasso and again all 3 middle seats have Isofix as well in the Toyota verso.

Also look at the multimac website they sell 3 child seats that can be fitted in any car but costs around £1.5k to buy and get it fitted.

PotteringAlong Tue 05-Dec-17 18:41:56

We have a c4 Citroen grand picasso and a discovery. Both fit our 3 (6, 3 and 1) and us with plenty of room to spare.

BubblesBuddy Tue 05-Dec-17 18:42:57

Range Rover Discovery. Any decent 4x4 will have room or a large estate car. A Volvo, BMW, VW, Audi, any large estate really is what most families have if you want a boot as well as seats.

Unihorn Tue 05-Dec-17 18:49:15

We have a Zafira which is nice.

poorbuthappy Tue 05-Dec-17 19:04:23

Ford galaxy or s max.
Google what cars have 3 full size seats in the back. Surprisingly most “larger” cars don’t have 3 full size seats which will accommodate 3 car seats.

windowSong Tue 05-Dec-17 19:04:59

Citroen Picasso has three full-sized back seats.

MrsHarveySpecterV Tue 05-Dec-17 20:45:43

Than for your replies, I'll look into them. @Shen I had looked at the Multimac website, has anyone used their car seat? Do you change the seat attachments as the children grow?

Woolymummy Mon 18-Dec-17 21:03:18

We had a Citroen picasso when we had 3 children in car seats. It has 3 full size seats.
However, the most family friendly car we've had is the vw touran. It's a 7 seater but the back seats fold completely flat into the boot.
Passenger seat airbag turns off with turn of the key. And 3 full size back seats all of which are fully removable/flip down to use as tables. They also slide to adjust leg room/ get into boot.
We now have 5 children in car seats and have realised the touran is not really large enough for 7 people!! Time for a van!

Aries456 Mon 15-Jan-18 14:37:48

Hi also following with interest. I will have a 4 1/2 year old, 19 month and a newborn so need a car with 3 individual seats in the back BUT I am not great with spacial awareness/ parking/ confident in MASSIVE cars - anyone know of something with big enough back but is quite easy to drive??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now