Talk

Advanced search

1 and 21 day blood tests

(3 Posts)
Fizzy13 Tue 04-Dec-18 11:39:45

How day sensitive are the blood tests? Does it have to be absolutely the first day and the 7 days before due day?

Has anyone managed to get the tests done at a different surgery (UK) while on holiday etc?

Do I have to wait for a month when these days don't land on a weekend/Christmas?!

We're just starting out on this road and obviously I want to get on with it now we've made the decision.

CritterTamer Tue 04-Dec-18 15:15:10

Hi OP - I don’t think you want one done on day 1 - FSH/LH normally needs to be done on CD 2 - 4, with progesterone then done 7 days before AF due date. It is important they are done on the correct days or the results won’t be meaningful.

VenusStarr Tue 04-Dec-18 19:13:40

Hi @Fizzy13, we're at a similar stage. I've actually just had my cd21 test today! So can't report back on the sensitivity / accuracy.

Do you have regular cycles? I saw the GP nearly 3 weeks ago and he gave me the forms and told me to go to get the bloods done whenever I was on the right day, so it was left up to me. I went to a local hospital today and just turned up to the phlebotomy unit and waited. I had a choice of about 4 different places to get the bloods done. I don't think surgeries tend to do the bloods themselves (although might depend where you are)

I had heard if the dates fall over the weekend you can go on the Friday / Monday but you'd have to see how this fell with your cycle.

I'm off for the cd1-5 next week if and when my period arrives....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »