Talk

Advanced search

Asian egg donors

(4 Posts)
daredo1 Tue 23-May-17 21:43:07

My husband and I are mixed race couple, he's white and I'm Indian. I was told today that my AMH (1.8) and FSH results were poor and looking like egg donor is our best option. The clinic only has Caucasian eggs and I was wondering if anyone in my situation has any advice. I'm considering an Asian egg donor but if that's not possible we'll go for a Caucasian donor.

The other question i would like to ask is whether AMH or FSH changes each time. Is it possible to have my AMH results improved?
Thanks in advance

JoJoSM2 Wed 31-May-17 10:32:53

AMH levels might Fluctuate slightly but at 1.8 they probably wouldn't go up enough to change the diagnosis. In terms of Indian donors - have you considered trying to find one yourselves? Either online or perhaps a family member or friend? Alternatively, you could try going with a donor in Greece or Spain (seem to be very popular destinations) - you could get matched up with a Southern European looking donor - obviously not Indian but at least would avoid having a pale blond baby with blue eyes...

daredo1 Wed 31-May-17 21:56:29

Thanks JoJoSM2 for the feedback. We found a clinic in London they have Asian donors and even though there's a waiting list we are considering them. My husband is blond and blue eyes so has strong genes smile. I heard about going to Spain from a consultant but our preference is to try to stay local. Take care..

JoJoSM2 Thu 01-Jun-17 05:51:48

That's great smile The combination will be a gorgeous baby smile Goof luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now