Talk

Advanced search

Fsh results

(16 Posts)
harry78 Mon 27-Mar-17 15:38:05

Hello does anyone know anything about Fsh results please? Mine have come back as 11.4 which I understand is not great confused

Chattycat78 Mon 27-Mar-17 16:18:49

Yes. The ideal is under 10. The higher it is, the harder your body is having to work to ovulate. This suggests that you have low ovarian reserve- i.e. Less eggs. It gets higher and higher as you approach menopause.

However this doesn't mean that you can't get pregnant in my experience.

harry78 Mon 27-Mar-17 17:26:45

I get peak readings every month with my cbfm and the progesterone test suggests I ovulated so I'm feeling a little unsure about it all. Sad too as it doesn't feel like good news. I've been referred to a private fertility clinic for further discussion sad

Chattycat78 Mon 27-Mar-17 17:30:18

It doesn't mean that you're not ovulating- just that your body has to work harder to ovulate. This means that you have low egg supply. Have you been trying for a while? Do u have any other fertility issues that you know of?

My fsh was 12 when I was 34. I panicked too. However, I now have a toddler and a baby and I've been pregnant 3 times. Egg quality is what counts when it comes to pregnancy- not quantity.

harry78 Mon 27-Mar-17 17:34:47

We've been trying for a year sadly and this is just the start of investigations. Already have 1dc. Dr said 3 years ago my level was 7 now it's 11.4sad

Chattycat78 Mon 27-Mar-17 17:42:23

Yeah it goes up over time. Like I say though, it doesn't mean it's not possible.

Flinstones Mon 27-Mar-17 17:51:24

I was told a few years ago my level was very high, too high to even consider IVF, I have had 2 children since I was told that, both conceived naturally.

harry78 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:01:11

Thank you both in feel loads better reading thatflowers

harry78 Tue 28-Mar-17 21:23:50

Hi both just wondering did you do anything to help your chances of getting pregnant? Supplements, therapies and the like?

Chattycat78 Tue 28-Mar-17 21:59:11

Well- my toddler was conceived through ivf. I was told I needed it because I had low egg reserve. I did acupuncture for about 6 months leading up to and during the ivf. I also did some things during the ivf process such as listening to the zita west meditations. I also did hypnotherapy.

Other things are obvious, such as very little alcohol or caffeine (unfortunately).

My 9 month old was a natural conception, which tbh I wasn't expecting at all as it was the first month we tried after I stopped breastfeeding. shock

The other thing to consider is uniquinol supplements - good for egg quality. There is also a book which lists lots of things that are good for egg quality- it starts with the egg" it's called.

harry78 Wed 29-Mar-17 07:07:14

Thank you chattycat78 I've bought some supplements and booked my first acupuncture. I have an appointment at the fertility clinic too. I was worried they would say no to ivf with low egg reserve so that is good to know. onwards and upwards!

harry78 Wed 29-Mar-17 07:07:16

Thank you chattycat78 I've bought some supplements and booked my first acupuncture. I have an appointment at the fertility clinic too. I was worried they would say no to ivf with low egg reserve so that is good to know. onwards and upwards!

Chattycat78 Wed 29-Mar-17 08:36:08

The"issue" with ivf is that you're not likely to respond very well to the drugs with high fsh. I didn't- I only got 2 eggs. However, one of them became a bfp anyway!

Have you done the amh test?

harry78 Wed 29-Mar-17 08:47:56

No I don't think so. My blood test results listed testosterone lh fsh and sex hormone.

harry78 Wed 29-Mar-17 08:48:54

And day 21 progesterone

Chattycat78 Wed 29-Mar-17 14:26:34

You have to pay for the amh test- you can't do it at the GPs. The only reason really to bother is if you're planning on doing ivf.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now