Talk

Advanced search

what to do to prepare?

(3 Posts)
Amummyatlast Sat 16-Jan-16 14:19:29

Have DD though ICSI (unexplained infertility). We have been umming over doing treatment again, but having just come back from visiting a friend's new baby, we've agreed we want to do it.

We can't do it until mid-summer, so I'm thinking I should make sure my body is ready. I'm already taking a pre-conception multivitamin. I've just started taking 700mg of vit C (to increase progesterone). And when I remember I take CoQ10. My BMI is good (for me) at 18.9. Is there anything else I should be doing?

(The first time around I just took pre-conception vits, but we didn't have many eggs fertilise, which may be possibly due to egg quality.)

YorkshireTeaDrinker Tue 19-Jan-16 21:03:40

We are looking at staring IVF in March / April. I am taking Zita West pre conception multivit, CoQ10 and Vital DHA fish oil supplement. On advice of fertility clinic, will be starting 75mg DHEA daily as well.

YippeeTeenager Tue 19-Jan-16 21:06:26

Sperm quality matters too, my DP gave up alcohol and warm baths prior to our second ICSI attempt and sperm quality was much higher.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now