Talk

Advanced search

Day 21 test needed, falls on a Saturday...again!!

(6 Posts)
sparksthefirst Sun 05-Jul-15 18:42:05

Hi girls, as subject says I need a day 21 blood test but they keep falling on a sat/sun!! No where opens on a sat for blood testing round here. Do u think I should just go for it on day 20 instead? I know I should ask docs but am just thinking they'll say be patient. But I'm not and does it really make a difference? Typical 28/29 day cycle. Thanks xx

Frank85 Sun 05-Jul-15 19:25:57

With all the tests there is a buffer either side it cant be exact as Saturdays and Sundays happen !

sparksthefirst Sun 05-Jul-15 20:33:25

Indeed frank85! Think I'll just phone up and book on the Friday. According to ovulation sticks I'm ovulating ok...

scienceteachergeek Sun 05-Jul-15 23:55:55

When I was doing that I just lied and told them my day 21 was the Friday or Monday depending. I didn't want to waste a month so told a porky! It won't make much of a difference, it's just a few hours if you have the test at the right time of the day smile

Good luck xxx

flowerfairy1980 Mon 06-Jul-15 00:34:54

This happened to me too. I have a 26-28 day cycle, I just had the test on the Monday (day 23) The doctor knew this and said a couple of days either side is fine. Still a good indicator of ovulation or not. My result was 42 that indicated ovulation had occurred that month.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 06-Jul-15 14:27:41

TBH it is not going to make any real difference to the overall result if it is done on Monday.

Apart from the day 21 test you also should have a day 2 test done as well. This would tell you what your LH and FSH levels are like; these kickstart ovulation and if these are awry then ovulation can be affected.

Do not put too much store by ovulation predictor kits anyway; if periods are generally irregular in nature then these can give false positive results.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now