Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Come on, help me choose who to vote for!

(11 Posts)
KayHarkerDoesNotSimper Sun 31-May-09 22:54:25

Right, I can't not vote in the locals, the fecking BNP are standing, so it's a must to at least tot one up against them.

I know who I'm voting for in the Euro-elections (and am very relieved to be able to vote predominantly with my conscience on that), but it's these pesky locals that have me stumped.

I have choice between the BNP (ha de farking ha) the Tories, Labour and the Lib Dems. Who should I plump for? I'm genuinely not sure.

policywonk Sun 31-May-09 22:57:49

I'd have thought you'd go Tory, on the anti-ID cards thing alone. (Can't believe I'm advising someone to vote Tory...)

Do you want to vote on local issues?

GypsyMoth Sun 31-May-09 23:00:30

I haven't had any at my door yet!! Are you all having them knocking? I have specific question I'd like to ask each, then I'll decide on that basis. But til they come knocking.........

policywonk Sun 31-May-09 23:01:15

Ain't you got no Greens in your ward Kay? There are lots standing in your council.

policywonk Sun 31-May-09 23:03:52

Your Tory GE candidate looks nuts. But that's neither here nor there I suppose.

KayHarkerDoesNotSimper Sun 31-May-09 23:08:57

Hmm, just noticed we do have a green, yes, although his name rings a bell that doesn't sit well for some reason. I shall have to do some digging.

TBH, on local issues, the Labour lot have been an absolute shambles, spending an appalling amount on pointless things. Good god, I think it might have to be Tory, yes. How many Hail Mary's will I need after that?

KayHarkerDoesNotSimper Sun 31-May-09 23:10:12

Not voting Tory for the Euro elections. <<shudder>>

policywonk Sun 31-May-09 23:16:13

If the BNP stood a chance round your way I might urge you to vote Green (on the basis that it might be most effective to vote for whichever party is likely to finish neck-and-neck with the BNP), but it doesn't look as though they're going to be anywhere close. So go on, vote Tory. Live a little.

Who are you voting for in Euros then?

KayHarkerDoesNotSimper Sun 31-May-09 23:24:14

I'm going to vote for the Christian Party.

Anti-war, anti-trafficking, pro-life in the fullest sense, suits me down to the ground. Know they don't have a snowball's chance in a furnace, but for once I won't feel like I have to hold my nose when I vote.

Don't agree with them on every thing by any stretch, but on the things which make me cry when I put my x in the box, they leave me with a clear conscience. <<prepares for flaming>>

We have had a BNP councillor round here before. He got arrested for assault grin

policywonk Sun 31-May-09 23:31:41

Oh that's good - it's satisfying to vote for something you actually believe in.

ilovemydogandmrobama Sun 31-May-09 23:35:58

I can't vote, but probably wouldn't vote tactically, but with my heart.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now