Talk

Advanced search

BNP white paper on family law - adulterous mothers to automatically lose residence of children amongst other "reforms"

(184 Posts)
MrsPickles Tue 26-May-09 20:46:07

God almighty. They are such fecking imbeciles. I can't bear to summarise it but they have thoroughly misunderstood the current law for a start.
Funny how many of their "reforms" are designed to make it harder for women to raise domestic abuse allegations - many members of the BNP wife-beating thugs perchance?
Commentry and link to it here

tiredemma Tue 26-May-09 20:47:15

Fucking morons

nkf Tue 26-May-09 20:47:24

They have some garbage written about how rape is an example of castrating females pretending not to enjoy manly advances.

Rindercella Tue 26-May-09 20:50:48

Ah well, one more reason to pray they get zero votes. Nothing surprises me about those wankers tbh.

NationalFlight Tue 26-May-09 20:53:36

FFS!!!!!

HerBeatitudeLittleBella Tue 26-May-09 20:54:14

oh surprise surprise, this family law policy was written by a former F4J activist.

Lots of crossover in ideology and membership there.

LyraSilvertongue Tue 26-May-09 20:55:10

Why does this not surprise me?

HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 26-May-09 20:55:30

It's bloody terrifying, isn't it?

TheCrackFox Tue 26-May-09 20:55:46

Funny how racists are automatically sexist cunts as well.

TheCrackFox Tue 26-May-09 20:57:37

Oh and they are homophobic too. shockwink

Why don't the BNP fund research into developing a time machine so they can bugger off back to the 1950's?

NationalFlight Tue 26-May-09 20:57:45

It's terrifying that people vote for these shitheads.

HerBeatitudeLittleBella Tue 26-May-09 20:57:54

well both attitudes deny the essential individuality of humans based on what ethnic or gender group they belong to, so logical really.

solidgoldSneezeLikeApig Tue 26-May-09 21:02:09

Holy fucking shit. ON the one hand I think this ought to be more widelly publicised to show people that hey, the BNP aren't just racists, they are homophobic woman-hating fuckups as well, but sadly a high percentage of the sort of people who will be suckered in by the myths about immigrants taking all the jobs/council houses/social care etc also tend to be the type of people who think that being gay is a bit unnatrual and women's lib has Gone Too Far...
Mind you what should also help sink them is the gibbering illiteracy of that document, it's appallingly badly written.

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Tue 26-May-09 21:03:26

Message withdrawn

dollius Tue 26-May-09 21:04:20

They really seem to think that a child residence decision should be based on getting revenge on your cheating spouse.

Ie, children are just tools to get your own back.

Child-centred?? Don't make me laugh.

How exactly do they expect to prove who was cheating on whom? What if both were cheating?

They say the vast majority of divorces/separations have nothing to do with domestic violence. How do they KNOW that? The provide no stats, no evidence, nothing.

These people are utter thugs.

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Tue 26-May-09 21:05:42

Message withdrawn

ravenAK Tue 26-May-09 21:08:44

I entirely agree with you, SGB, but I'm not sure that the target audience actually has a 'gibbering illiteracy' filter.

They really are appalling scum.

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 26-May-09 21:11:44

We had one of their leaflets through the door. I was really sad to read it because I could see how carefully it had been written to appeal to the Daily Mail/Torygraph vote.

Shocking and really worrying stuff.

ladylush Tue 26-May-09 21:12:10

Of course they will be milking the MP expenses fiasco and scooping votes from angered ignorant people. Don't know if anyone saw the News recently - the bloke from Corby who said he'd be voting BNP next election? I loathe loathe loathe the BNP but these stupid people who vote for them.....now they scare the hell out of me!

flubdub Tue 26-May-09 21:12:21

Oh
My
God

I dont like the BNP, but Iv never know why tbh. It sounds stupid, but I just knew I "shouldnt" like them. hmm

I cant believe they are even ALLOWED to say stuff like that!!
So if I cheated on my husband, and he decided to divorce me because of it, he would get my children??
Rape is just womening beig fussy?
Christ, they'll be legalising rape next!! shock

oopsagain Tue 26-May-09 21:12:21

very poorly written too- more a small rant..heaven help us..
sad

Aimsmum Tue 26-May-09 21:17:11

Message withdrawn

flubdub Tue 26-May-09 21:21:02

Do you think that the "cheating wife = man gets custody" is written to catch the attention of all the fathers who have been denied visitation to their children, by their cheating ex's?

raggedtrouseredphilanthropist Tue 26-May-09 21:22:31

fucking hell.
child centred? so the parent in the wrong automatically gets residence. Is that necessarily in the childs best interest? Or was it written by someone whose wife cheated on him?
not taking allegations of dv or abuse unless there is a conviction?!?! angry Do they know NOTHING about these issues?

And taking away housing benefit etc from single mothers. I didnt read that closely, but what exactly do they expect them to do instead?
FFS
This is actally VERY scary

HerBeatitudeLittleBella Tue 26-May-09 21:24:27

"Do they know nothing about these issues"

Yes they do, but they think any woman who has been hit, probably deserved it. She shouldn't have provoked him you see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now