Talk

Advanced search

Parent & Child Parking. Asda dishing out fines!

(12 Posts)
supadupapupascupa Tue 26-Jul-11 14:28:47

news article here

It seems asda are fining people for illegally using these spaces!

MarathonMama Tue 26-Jul-11 14:35:51

Hooray!

Nagini Tue 26-Jul-11 14:38:46

but how can they if they are not legally protected?

scurryfunge Tue 26-Jul-11 14:39:55

They rely on people paying up, they are not enforceable.

supadupapupascupa Tue 26-Jul-11 14:49:44

i didn't think it could be illegal, but i'm no expert.

reelingintheyears Tue 26-Jul-11 16:00:25

They can hand out whatever they want but they are not enforceable at all.

InnocentRedhead Tue 26-Jul-11 16:02:07

Good, after having to traipse all way across Asda car park the other day because there was one single man in a car WAITING for a parent and child space as person had finished shopping. Walked past his car - he had a booster seat. Group 0 and a 1-3 seats in my car - with the children in them!

InnocentRedhead Tue 26-Jul-11 16:02:34

empty booster seat* no child with him

reelingintheyears Tue 26-Jul-11 16:10:50

If he was waiting for a space maybe the child had gone ahead with another parent and was already in the shop.

2shoes Tue 26-Jul-11 16:12:50

wonder how they can enforce this, what if mum is picking dad and child up from supermarket, so waits, would she get a ticket.
wish they would spend more time making sure people with out blue badges arn't in the disabled bays(or those people who sit waiting)

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 26-Jul-11 16:20:54

presumably the car park belongs to them so they can charge whatever they want for its use. Premium prices for p&c/ blue badge, but genuine users get 100% discount?

mayorquimby Tue 26-Jul-11 17:29:09

Good luck to them, I won't be paying if ticketed.

"presumably the car park belongs to them so they can charge whatever they want for its use. "

Yup they can, if they want to charge ten pound an hour good luck to them, but they can't attempt to enforce penalty clauses in contracts as they're illegal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now