Talk

Advanced search

I had a man in today to clean my oven.

(20 Posts)
BethAndHerBrood Wed 07-Oct-09 16:39:59

And now I'm sat watching my lasagne cook, dreading it bubbling over, and ready to pounce with a cloth!

That is so not me!

But the oven looks new, I can't believe it. Though he did sound like he was scraping it with a chisel at one point.

fruitspooksbatsintheeaves Wed 07-Oct-09 16:42:15

put your lasagne dish on a baking tray then it won't matter if it boils over

thats my tip of the day done grin

Tortington Wed 07-Oct-09 16:43:21

how much

i need one

TeeteringOnTheEdge Wed 07-Oct-09 16:45:05

Put a sheet of tin foil on the bottom to catch any spills.

/ignores oven looking at me sadly

Hulababy Wed 07-Oct-09 16:47:13

I am having mine done tomorrow and absurdly excited about it, lol!

The thread on this last week reinded me to call someone.

Mine is costing:

£35 for main oven
£10 for top oven/grill
£2 per shelf

If I want (depends on time):
£14 extractor, inc filter
£10 hob

PfftTheMagicDragon Wed 07-Oct-09 16:47:53

<looks at manky oven>

I might get this done. I am quite house proud -for example, I washed all the window pvc this week- but I just can't stand cleaning the oven.

fruitspooksbatsintheeaves Wed 07-Oct-09 16:48:01

what do you need custardo?

a man, a lasagne or a clean oven?

Guad Wed 07-Oct-09 16:50:43

I had mine done one christmas and it was great. I loved the fact that he took it outside and dropped it in a bath of acid or something.

I'm sure it was, er, environmentally friendly acid though.

BethAndHerBrood Wed 07-Oct-09 16:51:07

LOL! I did put the dish on a baking tray, first time ever!!

custy - it was £50, he did the oven and extractor. replaced the filter. It was worth every penny, and I didn't think I would ever say that!

The downside is, I need to replace the charcoal filters in the extractor, they will be £50 as well! Apparently they should be replaced every 2 years at least. We've lived here 7 years and never touched the bloody thing!

catinthehat2 Wed 07-Oct-09 16:51:12

I thought the title was a euphemism. I will leave now as there's nothing going on. grin

Katz Wed 07-Oct-09 16:53:41

hula - i want to know if its worth it and if so then i want your oven cleaners number

Tortington Wed 07-Oct-09 16:55:21

lolol a man, a lasagne AND a clean oven 0 in the euphamism sense wink

£50 bargain imo

BethAndHerBrood Wed 07-Oct-09 16:57:27

Not so sure about the man, he looked like Captain Birdseye (the old one), but the clean oven is very satisfying.

I feel strangely smug, considering I didn't do it!!

Hulababy Wed 07-Oct-09 17:01:41

Will let you know tomorrow once it is done Katz.

Obviously once done I am n longer cooking in it. Will have to eat out or have take away

Niecie Wed 07-Oct-09 17:03:29

I have been contemplating getting our oven done for ages. You have persuaded me to get on with it.

Only time I have had it done was in our last house when we sold the cooker to the new owners and I didn't have the time/inclination to clean it myself before we moved out.

I also shared the inexplicably smug feeling too! Well, I had the arrangements to make, it wasn't as if I was completely useless!wink

Katz Wed 07-Oct-09 20:37:26

hula - see i couldn't let you cook on friday, take away at mine is the best answer!

Hulababy Wed 07-Oct-09 21:30:24

lol Katz' definitely a good plan :0

Kally Thu 08-Oct-09 13:58:38

Funny, I saw an ad for that very same thing today and thought Ooooo... but seeing the price thought naaaaaa...

PVish Thu 08-Oct-09 13:59:12

better than sex

pinknosedevereux Thu 08-Oct-09 14:56:10

Once your oven's clean; Lakeland sells a liner for the bottom of the oven and spills are supposed to just wipe off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now