Talk

Advanced search

Stiff school shirts

(6 Posts)
Spoo Wed 19-Aug-09 17:51:29

My mum bought my DS1 some school shirts from M and S. I don't know if its me but they are really stiff especially around the collar and I am worried he won't be very comfortable. I have washed them and they don't seem much better. If I washed them with loads of Comfort and on a hotter wash - will this make a difference? If not what else can I do?

Spoo Wed 19-Aug-09 18:06:36

No one? THe shirts are polyester and cotton.

FritesMenthe Wed 19-Aug-09 18:08:47

Are they the non-iron ones? Tumble dry them. They do soften up.

Spoo Wed 19-Aug-09 18:13:49

They are the non iron, which is pointless really as I am quite happy to iron them. I have tumbled dried them once, should I do it again with them dry or wash them again and then tumble dry them?

FritesMenthe Wed 19-Aug-09 18:20:04

I'd probably wash & dry again. Then coax your DS into trying them on. I had the same thoughts when my DS started school in shirts and ties, but they weren't bothered by them. You could get some cheapy ones from tesco or somewhere to start the term in, if he hates the M&S ones.

Spoo Wed 19-Aug-09 18:29:03

I had thought about buying some softer ones. If I wash them in 60 deg wash will that do anything? I was gonna try tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now