Talk

Advanced search

£3.82 in my purse. Whats for tea?!!!

(5 Posts)
zipperdeedoodah Wed 01-Jul-09 08:49:18

Ok...I want to come up with a tasty dinner and pudding for 2 adults a 2 year old and a 9 year old.

I have some basics...spices, herbs, etc. We had spaghetti bolognese yesterday so that's off the list!

All ideas gratefully received.smile

FAQinglovely Wed 01-Jul-09 08:57:18

what have you got in the cupboards/fridge/veg rack (everything right down to a single onion grin)

Sallyallyally Wed 01-Jul-09 09:13:58

Ok... I do have a single onion, I have garlic, I have parsley, chives and thyme in the garden. I have rice in the cupboard, a tin of soup, a tin of beans, plain flour, butter, pretty much any spice, milk, half a bottle of port, beetroot,a lemon and ready to bake bread. Hold on...roots around....and some parmesan! Freezer seems to be full of ice!Oh...and theres a bag of plums too! (note name change!!!..zipperdeedoodah replaced!)

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 01-Jul-09 09:18:49

Plums cooked in port?

Could you buy some peas and make a sort of risotto with the onion, rice, thyme and chives? I assume it's ordinary rice rather than risotto rice, but I've used this and it makes a reasonable enough dish - especially finished with parmesan, which gives it a creaminess. Serve it with garlic bread.

Sallyallyally Wed 01-Jul-09 09:22:06

Crikey...how could I forget...I have a whole carrier bag of peas picked at the weekend from a field, all waiting to be podded! (no, I'm not Barbara from the Good Life..just currently a bit broke and trying to stay out of debt!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now