Talk

Advanced search

washing machine still smells

(4 Posts)
mumsobusy Tue 09-Jun-09 12:24:56

Please please help me my washine machine drum smell of damp I ve tried 90 degrees crystal soda wiping the inside cleaning the detergent draw but sill if smells has anyone else got any other advice I could try out

Flibbertyjibbet Tue 09-Jun-09 12:31:27

Is the filter or pipes blocked with something?

meadow6 Tue 09-Jun-09 12:33:27

i had this 2 months ago. phoned washing machine repair people but said no point in them coming out as it was a build up of scum. They suggested 90 degree wash. I did this 4 times but it made no difference. I used something from supermarket in the end which worked a treat. Can't remember the name but it is specifically for breaking down soap build ups. Got it from sainsbury's and it was about £3.50. Go and have a look for it cos it worked 1st time and machine was absolutely stinking and was making the washing smell too.

shelsco Tue 09-Jun-09 19:25:00

don't know if this works but when i bought mine from a small local shop, the man recommended putting a capful of bleach through on a 90 degree wash about once every 3 months to stop it smelling. haven't got round to trying it tho!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now