Talk

Advanced search

oh my god ....soooooooooooo grossssssssss

(14 Posts)
candyfluff Thu 04-Jun-09 12:35:01

i have just shampooed my carpets with the carpet cleaning machine my mum lent me and you should see the colour of the water
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
im so ashamed blush

in my deffence i have 3 kids < does that make any diffence?

FlyMeToDunoon Thu 04-Jun-09 12:58:42

oh yes!

Was it easy?
Do they need ages to dry now?

candyfluff Thu 04-Jun-09 13:03:06

WAS EASY BUT THE MACHINE IS QUITE SMALL SO MANY MANT TRIPS TO FILL IT UP AGAIN ,NOT TOO WET ,WAS SO SATISFYING THOUGH

candyfluff Thu 04-Jun-09 13:03:29

sorry caps lock on lol

FlyMeToDunoon Thu 04-Jun-09 15:32:35

I have just hoovered my youngest daughters room and the pong from the carpet is yuck despite scrubbing with disinfectant after 'incidents' and febreze.
We plan hard floors soon but have always wondered about cleaning machine.
I see the cleaners empty their machine after doing the rented houses in our road and it is indeed Gross!

southeastastra Thu 04-Jun-09 15:33:33

i love doing that. amazing how many tiny bits of grit we get too.

candyfluff Thu 04-Jun-09 19:48:59

i found sand from last summers sand pit
i really want to do it again <sad cow>

whomovedmychocolate Thu 04-Jun-09 19:52:33

Ah don't worry. Carpets attract dirt in the same way toddlers attract food stains! grin

I got rid of all my carpets in my old house after shampooing them once and then I went to my (particularly fastidious) friends house - which is absolutely spotless (she has no children) and she told me when she did it hers also produced massive quantities of dark brown muck hmm

FourArms Fri 05-Jun-09 07:22:59

I do mine regularly (have my own machine), and the water is always filthy. Thinking of doing it once without cleaning fluid to check they don't put something in the fluid to turn the water brown!!!

NationalFlight Fri 05-Jun-09 07:29:28

Oh I am actually envy

I love this job

But sadly have only got one carpet now and if I cleaned it I fear it would disappear completely.

Have still got very muddy water when cleaning floorboards though!

can you wash persian type carpets/rugs? Not sure how colourfast iyswim, we have these over floorboards.

KnitterInTheNW Fri 05-Jun-09 08:05:57

I think they do put stuff in the shampoo to make the water brown, we did our carpets for trying to sell the house and the water was still black after about 4 goings-over. Then my mum used a tiny bit of the solution with a cloth to clean a tiny spot on the new cream carpet (only mentioned that to show that it didn't have months of dirt in it!), and the water immediately went dark dark brown.

FlyMeToDunoon Fri 05-Jun-09 10:31:37

grin that is hilarious. What a con.
I did wonder after one tenant in our street cleaned all of the carpets themselves only for the cleaner to come along and do it again, showing me how filthy the water was as I came past on my way home.
Someone should expose the manufacturers.

notsoteenagemum Fri 05-Jun-09 10:48:11

NationalFlight my mum hired a rug doctor to clean her elderly persian type rug(its wool) and it came out really well.

NationalFlight Fri 05-Jun-09 12:02:05

Oh brill, thankyou very much!!

Ours are second hand so gawd knows the amount of grot therein...hmm will probably change colour entirely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now