Talk

Advanced search

best way to clean black granite work surfaces ?

(10 Posts)
mousemole Fri 26-Sep-08 09:40:22

just moved into a house with black granite work sufaces in the kitchen. No matter what I clean them with I end up with a lot of smears ! Any tips ?

TreeHuggerMum1 Fri 26-Sep-08 10:08:24

I have black granite and my husband is a granite fitter / stonemason. They recommend the Mr Muscle purple bottle. Can't remember the proper name but they use it in the show rooms and we use it at home, its good stuff. Seen a new ad on tv for a new granite cleaner but not tried it yet.

onceinalifetime Fri 26-Sep-08 10:11:37

"Method Home - The Daily Granite" from Waitrose, John Lewis or online. An old towel is good for polishing at the end and getting smears out.

mousemole Fri 26-Sep-08 10:12:06

hi tree hugger, is it a 'flash' type liquid or a spray ? Thank you, will look out for it.

TreeHuggerMum1 Fri 26-Sep-08 10:13:53

No its in the spray gun type bottle.

E-cloths, they are fantastic and you need no chemicals whatsoever.

Check out goodhousekeeping for a zillion threads on the topic.

Treehuggermum1? Mr Muscle? There is a discrepency between your name and your cleaning habits. grin

mousemole Fri 26-Sep-08 10:42:30

some great suggestions, thank you

FourArms Fri 26-Sep-08 10:50:59

I use window cleaner on my black granite tables, so sure that would do the trick on work surfaces too.

mrsflowerpot Fri 26-Sep-08 10:52:58

second vote for e-cloths, only thing that kept it looking nice in our last house. But whatever you use you have to do it constantly to keep them looking nice.

mousemole Fri 26-Sep-08 13:22:24

yes they are quite high maintenance aren't they ! Not great with two toddlers !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now