Talk

Advanced search

Smelly pan question

(9 Posts)
ImnotOK Tue 12-Aug-08 10:26:57

My best pan got a bottle of disinfectent in it yesterday.

I have scrubbed and scrubbed but can still smell it .

I am worried it is going to ruin my curry I am making later .

What can I do to get the smell to go away ?

JackieNo Tue 12-Aug-08 10:29:51

NOt sure - bicarb is generally good for removing smells, but I'm not sure how it might react with the pan. Might be worth a try though. Or (as for burnt on food) try boiling up some biological washing powder in it?

ImnotOK Tue 12-Aug-08 11:19:47

Thankyou I have put some lemon and boiling water in it with a but of salt and made a sort of scrub .

It seems to have worked so fingers crossed .

JackieNo Tue 12-Aug-08 11:21:09

That sounds good and nice and natural. HOpe it works.

RedHead81 Tue 12-Aug-08 11:22:37

apparently onion neutralises smells on chopping boards - saw it on tv once - never tried it though, so it may work with pans.

lucysmam Tue 12-Aug-08 11:54:07

JackieNo, does that really work? Have a pan with something burnt to the bottom I could do with cleaning up, would it work if it had been there a few days?

JackieNo Tue 12-Aug-08 11:55:10

The biological washing powder? Well I haven't tried it myself, but I have seen several other people on here recommend it - has to be bio though, apparently.

JackieNo Tue 12-Aug-08 11:56:40

It says here to just leave it to soak, but I've also seen advice that says to boil it up with the powder - I guess maybe try just soaking first, and if it doesn't do the trick, try boiling it up?

lucysmam Tue 12-Aug-08 11:57:12

yeah I meant the bio wash powder sorry, might give it a try. Amazing what you find out on here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now