Talk

Advanced search

Emails from Halifax, dont even bank with them.........

(8 Posts)
strawberriesandcream01 Thu 31-Jul-08 00:12:10

Hi. I remember a few months ago I got an email from Halifax, cant remember what it was about but went to my junk mail and I ignored it as dont bank with them. Tonight have had another email saying confim account details or something similar. It's in junk mail and not opened it, shall I just ignore it? It might be a scam. It says it from halifax but doesnt have a recipient name.

thumbwitch Thu 31-Jul-08 00:16:05

it is phishing, a recognised scam - bin it, don't answer it whatever you do.

Purplepillow Thu 31-Jul-08 00:20:36

Yes definately bin it! No bank will EVER email you and ask you to verify your account.

strawberriesandcream01 Thu 31-Jul-08 11:47:11

Thanks everyone. The title says confirm billing information but havent opened it up.

OurHamsterisevil Thu 31-Jul-08 15:34:47

I have had this from several banks I don't bank with. I wish there was somewhere to send them on to so the people could get caught.

WendyWeber Thu 31-Jul-08 15:36:11

most of the banks have a phishing email address, OurH - I always send them on if I can find the address, just a sec...

JRocks Thu 31-Jul-08 15:36:36

I have these frequently, you can forward them to the individual banks, or in Hotmail there is a 'report phishing scam' button you can click on.

WendyWeber Thu 31-Jul-08 15:38:06

security@hbosplc.com (Halifax)
phishing@natwest.com
phishing@rbs.co.uk

Just click on Forward, put in the relevant address, send it on & they then get all the details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now