Talk

Advanced search

How do you get a runny poo stain out of a carpet?

(8 Posts)
Elf Thu 27-Sep-07 14:21:15

It is DD2's not mine. I tried rubbing it with a cloth soaked in water and washing up liquid. Then I sprinkled bicarbonate of soda onto it, I'd read that that would stop the odour. However, there is still a bit stain. Any ideas? Amazingly I can't remember having this problem before, I think it is the runniness which has caused the problem. Nice.

LadyOfWaffle Thu 27-Sep-07 14:22:07

Carpet cleaner? I don't think anything else every budged poo off my carpet.

LoveMyGirls Thu 27-Sep-07 14:22:38

Get a brown carpet wink erm seriously what about some vanish carpet spray?

LadyOfWaffle Thu 27-Sep-07 14:24:09

don't do what I did and rub a cream carpet with a green scourer... it is forever green now!

SpawnChorus Thu 27-Sep-07 14:24:11

Couldn't read the title and not come in to offer a sympathetic pat on the shoulder.

<<pats>>

Ditto LoW re: carpet cleaner. e.g. 1001 spray

glitterchick Fri 28-Sep-07 09:36:52

Agree with LoveMyGirls - Vanish spray or foam will get it out. Spray it - leave it, then scrub it in.

totaleclipse Fri 28-Sep-07 09:38:58

Ok,sounds crazy but shampoo and a scrub works, this is a regular accurence for me.

Elf Fri 28-Sep-07 13:41:34

Thank you. Re carpet cleaner, what is is about my brain at the moment, I just didn't think of that obvious idea. I may try the shampoo one too as that is in the house. Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: