Talk

Advanced search

Mould problem, ugh

(6 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Fri 20-Jul-07 16:37:00

Ok, there appears to be (or have been?) some sort of water leakage problem in a spare bedroom. We've tossed the (watermarked) mattress, but I think there is a mould problem on the walls. Ok, there's something that looks like a tiny mushroom.

What do I do about this? Bleach?

The walls are white, and brick on one wall and plaster on the other.

I don't know wtf is up with the underlying problem - we had a real thundershower today, and this wall was dry. (There were leaks elsewhere, so the roofer who's visiting will have lots to check out, anyway. )

NotQuiteCockney Sat 21-Jul-07 07:58:31

Please help me!

skirmish Sat 21-Jul-07 08:04:40

it's a shit of a problem - need to find out where water is getting in, or you'll never be rid of mould. When we had this, i washed downed wall with bleach, but then it needs to be repainted, as you can still see the marks from the mould. Sounds like yours is a lot smaller though

NotQuiteCockney Sat 21-Jul-07 08:11:45

Oh, we definately are getting the underlying problem sorted today. I think it may have been an overfull guttering thing? But yes, will get it sorted ...

skirmish Sat 21-Jul-07 08:14:31

ours was a blocked gutter - in fact, must check and make sure it's ok after yesterdays downpour!

I wouldn't let anyone sleep in there until problem is sorted, but shouldn't take too long to dry out, esp as sunny today!

NotQuiteCockney Sat 21-Jul-07 09:45:43

Looks like it is a blocked gutter.

I don't think anyone will use the room for a while - we have company Sunday night, but she is young and can use the loft room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now