Talk

Advanced search

Good supermarket or chain store pillows

(9 Posts)
rara67 Sat 03-Feb-18 12:18:23

All our pillows need replacing, so I need to buy at least 12. Unfortunately unlike mattresses you can’t test them before you buy. I could just buy a couple and test them myself but I don’t know where to start. Has anybody bought pillows through Groupon? They look like a good deal and decent quality. I like the idea of cotton covered ones. What can you recommend please?

ChishandFips33 Sat 03-Feb-18 18:40:30

We have IKEA pillows

Have also tried Tkmaxx - all are good

ChishandFips33 Sat 03-Feb-18 18:40:49

...and Matalan!

rara67 Sun 04-Feb-18 18:19:15

Thanks Chish. I am nowhere near Ikea but can easily get to Matalan and Tkmaxx. Hadn’t thought of either so will go and have a look online now....

80sMum Sun 04-Feb-18 18:26:04

I have John Lewis Siberian Goose Down pillows. I absolutely love them. Like sleeping on a cloud.

They cost a bloody fortune, mind you! But I have had mine since 2010 and they're still ok. I'm just beginning to think about replacing them in the next year or so.

EverybodyKeepCool Sun 04-Feb-18 18:28:34

Try Aldi, you can buy them online as well as in-store. They are pretty decent and they do anti snore ones that have had good reviews for a fiver

Note3 Sun 04-Feb-18 20:08:15

Depends what you want from them support wise. My pillow is from wilko and is like a brick in some ways bit it's what I wanted as provides lots of support via the heavy memory foam. DH got his in Matalan and loves it as it is medium firm with some give

wowfudge Tue 06-Feb-18 07:54:22

Argos has good deals on multi packs of pillows. I bought some Silentnight ones from there before Christmas when I realised we didn't have enough pillows for everyone coming to stay with us. Good quality, not too thin and 'free' pillow protectors in the pack.

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Sat 10-Feb-18 17:32:51

Anti-snore you say?! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now