Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best vacuum for pet hair?

(12 Posts)
AyeWhySwim Mon 13-Nov-17 11:09:00

Just that - my cordless Dyson isn't any good at picking up dog hair. I bought it before the dog came or I'd have got the pet hair version!
Can anyone recommend me a cordless vacuum that will actually do the job please?
Thanks!

MissConductUS Mon 13-Nov-17 11:18:05

I think you'll do better with a corded vac. They just have a lot more power.

There's a bunch of vacuum threads on MN. Try the search.

eljay2 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:18:46

Miele Cat and Dog is best but don't know whether they do cordless.

AyeWhySwim Mon 13-Nov-17 11:24:06

Thanks - I'll have a look.
Having a cordless has done wonders for the upkeep of housework as it's so quick to pick up and dash round with!

zzzzz Mon 13-Nov-17 11:26:23

My cordless dyson is fantastic at sucking up dog hair. Perhaps it just need servicing?

flobella Tue 14-Nov-17 10:18:38

I found my Dyson cordless was great at first, but continual use with dog hair meant that it didn't last more than a year or two (which represented poor value for money). I have found that with all of the Dysons I have bought - amazing for the first 6 months but within 2 years I had to bin them. I have now given up on them and only use Henry hoovers (for downstairs) and a Miele cat and dog (for upstairs). I am watching this thread with interest as I am not aware of a cordless cleaner that can keep up, long-term, with the amount my 2 dogs shed. I would love a cordless vacuum.

zzzzz Tue 14-Nov-17 19:08:29

What broke flobella? It sounds more like the dysons needed servicing than binning.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Tue 14-Nov-17 19:10:45

Yeah I thought my Dyson was shit after about 18 months...

then I cleaned the filter blushblushblush

flobella Wed 15-Nov-17 08:31:08

zzzzz I can't remember off the top of my head, I know I cleaned it all out as per a YouTube video so I don't think it was a dirty filter. I think it was the battery (I know I could have probably got them to replace it but I'd just had a baby and I couldn't be arsed to sort it out and then it was too late) but also the suction was less powerful so there must have been another issue. I know you can get them serviced but I think this costs £75 and that's another expense for something that is already quite expensive. I'd rather just pay a one-off cost for a Henry hoover and know that it is going to last for years with zero effort on my part.

zzzzz Wed 15-Nov-17 12:08:43

If you’re happier with a Henry then you probably made a good choice. Handhelds take quite a battering and will need servicing when they start to fail. It’s a fairly painless procedure. You drop it off at your local service centre (google) and pick it up a few days later. No more effort than dry cleaning.

PineConesAplenty Thu 16-Nov-17 15:09:06

Previously had a Dyson (which they fault diagnosed over the phone by asking me to put the phone to the Dyson and turn it on!)

Now I have a Miele Cat and Dog, I don't have pets but I do have long hair and it picks this up no problem.

This chappy reviews vacuum cleaners for a living and spreads dog hair into the carpet (its his standard test) and shows you how good the pet hair head is.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9FMIo72UPE

I have the C3 version. Love it.

namechange2222 Thu 16-Nov-17 15:17:41

I’m very happy with my sebo animal ( I think) much better than my dyson

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now