Talk

Advanced search

My dishwasher isn't draining.

(14 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Fri 21-Apr-17 20:34:17

I scrape plates but fat has got in there (blaming Dh) and now it won't drain.

I've used my spray tan equipment to blow down the water pipe and it bubbles through so there's no actual blockage.

What now?.

dementedpixie Fri 21-Apr-17 21:57:23

Have you removed and cleaned the filter?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 22-Apr-17 07:07:29

Yep. And the second filter.

And run compressed air through the drain pipe which makes the water in the bottom bubble up so it's getting through.

Next step is to pull it out and take the drain pipe off. Fun.

imip Sat 22-Apr-17 07:12:05

Have you put your dishwasher model number into google and trouble shooted that way? We've fixed dish washers and washing machines like that, but I think dishwashers are trickier.

Once we paid Currys an upfront fee (just over £100, I think), and they fix it for that price. If it's unfixable, they refund you.

Thinkingblonde Sat 22-Apr-17 07:14:44

It sounds like the water pump has failed.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 22-Apr-17 11:07:20

It's a £1500 Miele. I was kind of hoping it would last longer than this.

It's still taking water in. We bought it two years ago yesterday, it actually stopped working two years to the day.

Tell me they don't have an internal timer counting down hmm

imip Sat 22-Apr-17 12:34:18

Crikey - that's shit! Not under warranty?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 22-Apr-17 12:54:45

I'd imagine I'll get goodwill. I paid using a credit card so I have some protection.

imip Sat 22-Apr-17 13:08:20

Still rubbish for that brand! I hope it works out for you...

SandyDenny Sat 22-Apr-17 13:12:14

This happened to mine (not a Miele) and I did all the things you've done, it did make any difference so I chucked in half a bag of washing soda, put it on the highest temp wash and it worked. I think mine must have had some kind of blockage somewhere and it cleared it.

It's been fine since but disclaimer, I'm not an expert just wanted to save a call out fee

SpeckledyHen Sat 22-Apr-17 18:23:57

Fluffy - my Miele stopped draining and I searched on YouTube and found a couple of results . It involved using a dinner fork with 2 prongs removed and waggling it into a small slit that gets jammed . It worked ! I'll try to find the link . I can't remember the name of the part that sticks ...

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sat 22-Apr-17 18:27:15

Just wondering if the sink unblocker, the stuff that kind of sinks through to the blockage, would be worth a try <disclaimer. Never tried it myself, and PigletJohn or someone may know why it's not a good idea>

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 22-Apr-17 18:36:58

Fixed it. Hottest cycle & two kettles of boiling water.

Phew.

SpeckledyHen Sat 22-Apr-17 18:48:00

The part that sticks is the impeller . Glad you fixed it !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now