Talk

Advanced search

Bleach stained my new toilet seat lid yellow...

(10 Posts)
Karcheer Tue 28-Mar-17 23:48:57

How can I turn it white again.

I'm really upset, I've managed to turn two brand new toilet seats yellow. Any ideas on what I can try?

Thank you

TuddlesAndSisses Tue 28-Mar-17 23:50:20

Oh I've done the same. Just one splodge but it does look unsavoury. I hope someone comes along to save us soon

Karcheer Tue 28-Mar-17 23:52:58

I just stupidly shut the lid (live with dogs) came back tonight and it's yellow! I'd replaced a nasty fake wood one, so it didn't occur to me the fumes would do this :/

TuddlesAndSisses Wed 29-Mar-17 07:19:29

Hopeful morning bump

Poppypooch Thu 30-Mar-17 09:10:29

Nothing gets rid of it op, I have done same a few times, it will need replacing, sorry, now I only put bleach down toilet when I'm cleaning bathroom, I leave the lid up, then flush it away when I'm finished cleaning - no more stained seats

PaperdollCartoon Thu 30-Mar-17 09:12:13

Once something is bleached that's it, it won't come out

JennyOnAPlate Thu 30-Mar-17 09:25:08

Cilit bang turned mine pink. That wouldn't come out either!

LuxuryWoman2017 Thu 30-Mar-17 09:56:25

I did this once and it did come off with a good scrub, it was a white plastic seat that turned orange/yellow.

WingsClipped Thu 30-Mar-17 19:42:15

I have the solution for this. One of those magic erasers. We had bleach splodges on our one and then one of the old threads on here mentioned magic eraser and it actually worked! I stockpile them now for when I inevitably forget and splash bleach on the seats again.

camcam1 Sun 02-Apr-17 07:40:04

I have found the whitening bleaches repair this. I use an old toothbrush and apply the whitening bleach teriyaki over snybtelliwung and leave it there whilst in the school run. And then rinse off generously after one hour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now